What are the skills that make a compliance officer successful?
What makes Willem’s insights unique is the combination of his compliance skills with the lessons learned from mentoring startup accelerators and bringing these lessons to his daily job.
If you’d like to know how you can help making compliance engaging and interesting in your organisation, this is the episode for you.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Willem’s background and career synopsis.
- The state of money laundering and financial crime prevention.
- How technology benefits and challenges the work of compliance officers.
- How financial crime has evolved along with financial services digital transformation.
- Sanctions and fines as a deterrent to financial crime.
- How accelerators are opportunities to look at innovation and technology coming out in the market.
- Lessons learned from mentoring new fintech businesses.
- Skills for compliance officers to be successful in the future.