Bala Kumar is Chief Product Officer at Jumio, an end-to-end identity verification and eKYC platform that helps businesses protect against fraud, money laundering, and financial crime.
Bala brings over 20 years of product innovation experience to the world of KYC compliance. A true believer in the power of data, he offers insights on the role of product and technology in addressing the problems of financial crime.
Want to know how your company can free up some time, stress less over compliance and penalties, and work more on your core business? Then this episode is a must-listen.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Products and technical solutions to enhance risk management
- Fraudsters’ skills, behaviours, and way of thinking
- What can be done to fight fraudsters more effectively?
- How identity technology is making it more difficult for fraudsters to complete their schemes
- How leveraging data allows identifying patterns that indicate what a good or bad customer looks like
- Challenges for long-established financial organisations: legacy systems and siloed business units
- The main reason behind companies’ penalties and poor compliance
- Senior management understanding of financial crime technology
- What defines a successful technology solution to fight financial crime
- Why having the right onboarding process helps companies save effort and invest more time in their core business