In today's episode of the Future of KYC Compliance, Ian is joined by Gregory Dellas, Chief Compliance and Innovation Officer at ECOMMBX.
Gregory highlights the importance of staying current with regulatory changes, being one step ahead of criminals, and properly utilising technology in the fight against financial crime.
Gregory, founder and Chair of ACAMS Cyprus Chapter, is a certified CAMS and GCI certified trainer, a Fellow of the International Compliance Association and long-standing member of the Anti-Money Laundering Professionals Forum. He shares how these organisations enabled him to join forces with fellow anti-financial crime professionals to achieve efficient and effective KYC and AML compliance.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- What drew Gregory to a career in AML and fighting financial crime
- The reasons why organisations fail to implement successful AML programs
- AML and financial crime related risks Gregory has seen emerge in the recent years
- The common reporting mistakes that are now starting to occur because of the shift in the way we engage with clients
- Trends Gregory has seen AML professionals have used to try and remove data error points
- The primary challenges faced by frontline compliance teams and institutions
- The importance of having the right culture within an institution in KYC compliance
- Advantages of joining AML organisations
- Key pillars that underpin an effective AML compliance program
- Gregory's advice for professionals to win the battle against financial crime