Bradley Hope is the co-author of Billion Dollar Whale and Blood and Oil. He spent seven years at the Wall Street Journal’s offices in New York and London. Before that, he covered the Arab Spring from Cairo, Tripoli and Beirut. He is a Pulitzer finalist and a winner of the Gerald Loeb Award for International Reporting.
Join our CEO, Ian Henderson who finds out from Bradley, the man, who uncovered one of the biggest financial scandals of all-time:
- Where did the idea for writing Billion Dollar Whale come from?
- When it comes how they went about money laundering, what did you learn that surprised you the most?
- What role did banks play in enabling those behind 1mbd?
- The 1mbd scandal led to the biggest AML-related fines in history, do you think this is enough to deter financial crime?
- What advice would you have for AML and KYC professionals working at banks to prevent financial crime?
- What’s next for you and your career?