Like every other industry, until 2020, KYC and AML professionals were accustomed to attending events where they could network, learn, and grow as a professional. COVID-19 obviously changed that but that doesn’t mean the learning and growing should end.
In this article, we’ll provide a list of all the upcoming virtual events that compliance and AML professionals should consider attending in 2021. We’ll keep this list updated every month as more events are announced.
8th International Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance Conference (Feb 19)
This event is focused on the key AML threats and compliance challenges which bankers, insurance executives and agents, attorneys, accountants, auditors, investment consultants, IT experts, broker-dealers, enforcement agents and government examiners face in today’s turbulent economic environment.
- Olena Loboiko, Policy Officer, European Commission
- Andrew Le Brun, Deputy Executive Secretary, MONEYVAL
- Janis Kaulins, Partner, Ernst & Young
- Christian A. Chmiel, CEO Web Shield, Member of the Electronic Transactions Association’s (ETA) Risk, Fraud & Security Committee
SIFMA Anti-Money Laundering & Financial Crimes Conference (Feb 22 -23)
During SIFMA’s two-day Anti-Money Laundering & Financial Crimes Conference, learn about regulatory and examination priorities for 2021 and lessons learned from enforcement; participate in interactive financial crime case studies and hear industry perspectives on the latest developments in the AML and financial crime space, including regulatory reform efforts, fraud trends and operational challenges related to COVID-19, human trafficking typologies, and sanctions developments.
- Greg Ruppert, FINRA
- Elizabeth “Paige” Baumann, Senior Vice President, Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officer, Fidelity Investments
- Ira D. Hammerman, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, SIFMA
ABA/ABA Financial Crimes Enforcement Conference (Feb 28)
New fraud and cybercrime threats. BSA/AML reform efforts. The ongoing impact of COVID-19. Things are changing. Respond to the change with banker-focused solutions to lead your institution through this time of intense and accelerated vulnerability. You’ll hear late-breaking information from top banking and legal experts to ensure your BSA/AML/CFT program is ahead of the curve.
- Rob Nichols, President and CEO, American Bankers Association
- Paul Benda, Senior Vice President, Risk and Cybersecurity Policy, American Bankers Association
- Christopher Wray, Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation
Note: this is an on-demand event and 2/28 is the final day the content will be available
Sanctions Space Summit (March 2 – 3)
ACAMS first global Sanctions Space Summit will examine the complex global sanctions situation on a thematic level. Over 50 speakers will analyze key themes including Global Trends, Maritime Compliance, Digital Technology Risks, Proliferation Financing, Cyber Threats, Global Designated Terrorist Organizations, Human Rights Sanctions, Screening and Internal Control Frameworks. Want to meet the ever-evolving demands as a Sanctions Specialist? Hear addresses from thought leaders, discuss hot topics with the experts, and undertake an in-depth examination of critical areas. You’ll gain a whole new perspective.
- Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon
- Jessica Bartlett, Director of Financial Crime Legal APA
- Colin Butler, Head of Sanctions for UK and EMEA, Credit Suisse
AML & ABC FORUM (March 22 – 24)
AML & ABC Forum will be a fully digital event, including live-streamed presentations, practical panel discussions, virtual coffee table area for spontaneous conversations, 1:1 networking, interactive Q&As, engaging polls and post-event downloadable resources.
- Mark Steward, Executive Director of Enforcement and Market Oversight, FCA
- Dominic Fielding Chief Risk Officer & MLRO, Handelsbanken Wealth & Asset Management
- Christopher Delzotto, Supervisory Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation
2021 Compliance & Financial Crimes Conference (March 23 – 25)
This conference is designed for chief compliance officers, executives and professionals responsible for one or more aspects of compliance, internal audit, legal, fraud prevention, special investigations, cybersecurity, privacy, ethics, risk management, anti-money laundering, elder financial abuse, operations and information technology.
- Andrew N. Mais Commissioner, Connecticut Insurance Department
- Pat Williams, Co-founder and Senior Vice President, NBA’s Orlando Magic
AMLFC Institute: 4th Anti-Money Laundering & Financial Crimes Virtual Conference (April 21)
This event is aimed at board members, business owners, CEOs, CFOs, COOs, CROs, auditors from all regulated industries operating in the Americas, including Attorneys, Accountants, Broker Dealers, Car Dealerships, Casinos & Gaming, Commercial Banks, Credit Institutions, Credit Unions, Dealers in High Value & Luxury Goods, Dealers of Precious Metal, Art or Jewelry, Development Banks, Import & Export Businesses, Insurance Companies, International Banks, Money Value Transfer Services, Mortgage Companies, Offshore Banks, Real Estate, Service Providers, Travel & Leisure, Trust & Company, etc. Regulators, Government Officials, Members of Parliament, Public Servants and Managers of State Owned Companies are also invited to register.
- Ms. Michelle Martin, Chairman & CEO, AMLFC Institute and ComplianceAid, Antigua & Barbuda/Florida
- Mr. Andrew Strachan, Inspector, Compliance Commission, The Bahamas
- Mr. Marcos Czacki, General Counsel, Daimler Financial Services, Mexico
ThinkBIG: Fighting Financial Crime (May 25)
For more than two decades, Abrigo’s conferences have been educating lenders, risk professionals, and BSA/AML professionals and now bringing “ThinkBIG: Manage Risk. Drive Growth” and “ThinkBIG: Fighting Financial Crime” conferences together for one BIG event. Your financial institution’s need to grow and manage risk doesn’t go away just because COVID-19 isn’t contained yet. In fact, now more than ever, bankers need to think bigger to be able to help communities survive and win. Join Abrigo’s industry-leading conference for fresh ideas on how to drive growth and manage lending, portfolio, and financial crime risk.
- Harry Jimenez, Deputy SAIC, Homeland Security (retired)
- Rachel Portnoy, Guardianship Court Investigator, Harris Co Probate Court 3
Regulatory Compliance Conference (June 13 – 16)
Your one-stop shop to discuss today’s and tomorrow’s most pressing issues in compliance with the nation’s top risk-based thinkers. Talk with leading experts, banking peers and Washington insiders for up-to-the-minute information to enhance and strengthen your compliance program.
10th Annual Anti-Bribery & Corruption Forum (October 10)
This event provides a unique opportunity to learn about the latest AML/CTF, anti-corruption, and other financial crime prevention developments, evolving trends, and best implementation practices as well as an opportunity to benchmark and discuss challenges and solutions with peers from the UK, U.S. Europe, and even further afield.
15th Annual European AML & Financial Crime Conference (TBA)
This cross-industry Forum is aimed at professionals responsible for anti-bribery & corruption from among others the financial, legal, construction, telecommunications, defence sectors, extractive industries, regulators, and government representatives from across the UK, Europe and further afield.
Have any events you are planning on hosting or attending in 2021? Contact us and we’ll consider adding your event to this list!